Friday, November 27, 2009

Photorealistic Illustration




As for this assignment, we were told our illustration studio was hired by an ad agency to illustrate photorealistic vectors of the Proctor and Gamble products so that they look like a high quality studio photograph. Since these illustration will be used at a Proctor and Gamble sales convention, they are going to be made into very large sizes, allowing for no mistakes.

So I had to buy a product from Proctor and Gamble, take a photograph of the product and use the photograph as a reference and template. This is probably the most challenging and difficult assignments I had to do since I know little about gradient mesh and blend tool.

Since the rest of my classmates are using comestics or body products, I decided to do mine photorealistic illustration on a needed feminine care product: Always. Using the photograph as the template, I did a lot of pen tracing, and used a lot of eyedropper tool. I had a difficult time trying to use gradient mesh to give indepth looks to different parts of the product. But I think the product looks presentable as a whole but I could have worked more on the details of the shading to give it a more realistic look to the product. But this was my first photorealistic illustration so I think I did a pretty neat job. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment