Friday, November 27, 2009

Zoo Icons



As the first assignment of the class, we were told that our design firm was asked to create a series of graphic animal icons for signs that will be placed around a new zoo. Given just a solid square background to work with, our zoo icons must be highly recognizable and generic to the species so that it will be understandable to a wide range of public visitors.

This is my first assignment to be working with a pen tool to create iconic shapes in Illustrator. My goal for this assignment was to have a unified theme for all the zoo icons so that they are easy to recognize and presentable. Which is why, I focused on details for each zoo animals so that they look as realistic as possible. I had photo reference for the animals to get the details for the zoo icons.

Overall, I enjoyed creating zoo animals and had fun with using pen tool although it was a bit tired-some.

No comments:

Post a Comment